While we have been committed to licensing our music to large clients’ advertising campaigns and media projects (which is called “traditional licensing”), we’ve received many requests for more affordable licenses from those who have projects with small and limited budgets. They include small business owners, student film producers, and crowdfunding campaign managers. It was difficult for us to address their requests because we don’t have resources to communicate and negotiate with them on an individual basis (like we do for traditional licenses), but we were always wondering how those potential users could obtain our music licenses in an accessible way.
This “micro-licensing” store is one of the solutions we came up with. What we can provide here is limited to non-broadcast licenses for clients with small budgets, but hopefully, we will be able to cover more sync licenses that are of interest to you. Unlike production music library and royalty-free music, all the music available here has been released publicly as work of the traditional/commercial recording artist. We define and call micro licenses not by the quality of music, but by the size of the client’s project. Our “micro” doesn’t mean lower-quality, generic music.
Licensing procedure at this store is very straightforward and hassle-free like you’re shopping music at iTunes or Amazon. We hope you will find a track suitable for your project and obtain a license of our 100% pre-cleared music.
How this store works
The basics are the same as our traditional/custom sync licensing deals, but at this store, we have simplified our deal process by focusing only on popular license options. As long as your project meets our conditions, you don’t have to negotiate or even have an exchange with us to obtain a license of our music.
This is how you proceed:
1. Search: Browse and choose a track you want along with your license type
2. Place Order: Add the track to the shopping cart
3. Checkout and Pay: Provide us with the details of your project, check the agreement, and finalize the payment with Paypal
4. Download: You’ll receive an email with a download link to the track in WAV format
What kinds of licenses are available here?
We provide our micro license options like below. For the details of each option, please visit License Options page. If you don’t see one that meets your needs, please fill out our custom license form.
Also, in addition to several micro-license types, we provide a “personal use” option. This option is NOT for a music license like the others, but for personal listening only. We hope you purchase and download an uncompressed WAV (16bit, 44K) copy of our music at $1.99 so that you can enjoy it with your audio devices.
1. Our micro licenses grant you non-exclusive rights to make use of the music track you have purchased.
2. Our music tracks are neither royalty-free one nor buy-out music. When you buy one license of our music, that means you are licensed to use the music track to create ONE single video production for yourself or your client (i.e. “single application”).
If you consider using the same track for multiple videos/campaigns/projects (i.e., “multiple application”), you must purchase and obtain our license for each use. For example, if you want to use one track for your three videos/campaigns (and even if it’s the same track), you must buy three licenses.
3. Our micro licenses above are NOT available to any
– paid advertising, including web advertising media buys
– theatrical release
– DVD release
– television/radio broadcasting, including cable network
If you consider these uses, please consult with us via our custom license form.
4. Prohibited uses
Regardless of license options, your work must NOT
– be pornographic, x-rated, sexually stimulating or similar productions
– be satan-worship, devil worship, anti-religion or similar extreme productions
– be politically/racially/ideologically/sexually biased
– contain a malicious/defamatory/satirical intention (to someone else or to the music itself)
– resell, redistribute, rent, sub-license either our music or your work using our music to other third parties
5. Need “Non-sync” licenses?
If you are looking at “non-sync licenses,” i.e., audio-only or mechanical licenses such as compilation album/CD, please contact us or fill out our custom license form to request a quote.
Also, please refer to our license FAQs and other licensing guides.